London, United Kingdom
I am an entrepreneurial professional with a background in finance and law and 10 years of experience in financial and regulatory services, crypto and technology sectors. My expertise spans venture building, legal and risk management and operations. I have consistently worked with founders and C-suite executives successfully executing strategic investments and owning cross-functional projects and setting up operational processes. I gained investment, regulatory, and operational expertise in organisations including a global consultancy, a global asset management firm, a London-based hedge fund, and a deep-tech VC fund. Over the past two years, I worked with founding teams of early-stage projects in the blockchain ecosystem and sourced deal flow for an international VC. - Expertise in working with cross-functional teams on company-wide initiatives including investments, corporate due diligence, business development initiatives, risk management, and market analysis. - Building networks across geographies and sectors, shaping an inclusive and high-performing work culture, and keeping an agile mindset to deliver on ambitious growth plans. - Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills and extensive track record working with C-suite executives and cross-functional teams. - Expertise in working with private and institutional investors, portfolio managers, advisors, VCs, and startups.
Relevant Total Experience: 10 years
Seniority Level: Manager
Sector Experience:Software and Services
Skilled in: Venture and minority investments, Term Sheet, Investment Policy Statement (IPS), Contractual Agreements, Financial Regulation, M&A Negotiations, Smart Contracts, Licensing Agreements, Portfolio Services & Add-on M&A
Technical Skills: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Bloomberg, Microsoft Office, Blockchain
Languages: English, Danish, Russian
Hotspotty, DepIn & DeFi protocol, Debt DAO - Remote
- Was one of the first to acquire a miner and mine helium in Europe. Worked with the technical team from problem discovery to subsequent product and pricing design. - Worked closely with the founders on strategic and operational initiatives including legal and investment matters, partnerships and pivot initiatives. - Launched internal processes, policies and go-to-market strategies, wrote user guides and managed the marketing team. Participated in industry events, and evaluated partnership opportunities.
- Sourced, negotiated, and executed early-stage strategic investments within infrastructure, construction, energy, and environmental technologies space with a focus on sustainability. (deals include Piclo Flex 4.5m, SAALG 0,5m) - Developed operational and investment processes and scaled the ventures unit to the US and APAC. Worked closely with engineers and C-suite executives across geographies and specialisations on innovation, investment, and digital product development initiatives. - Developed investment thesis, sourced investment opportunities, carried out due diligence, and developed new key relationships in the UK and European startup ecosystems. - Ensured ongoing compliance with internal and external requirements, guidelines, and governance protocols. Developed internal compliance and ESG-related processes.
- Initiated and executed strategic firm-wide initiatives. Prepared and presented regular board reports. Acted as the right hand of the CRO and worked closely with other senior stakeholders across business units including the CLO and CCO. Built relationships with global C-suite executives across countries. - Developed and implemented strategic process improvements, policies, and regulatory change management plans. Projects included the incorporation of enterprise risk framework, ESG and sustainability initiatives, AML, and Model Governance programs. - Was a leading member in key working groups focused on operational improvements and regulatory compliance with MiFID, MiFIR, MAR, and EU ESG regulatory initiatives. - Worked closely with Compliance, Legal, Data, Operations, and Investment teams building a strong internal and external network and executing regulatory and risk management projects.
Ardevora Asset Management LLP
- Analysed political, regulatory, and market developments (UK, EU, and the US), identified relevant market intelligence, and developed internal processes and policies. - Prepared key project documents, reviewed proposals, and negotiated contracts. Projects included the incorporation of the ESG framework into investment analysis and decision-making processes. - Worked closely with the CRO, COO, CTO, and Head of Legal on strategic firm-wide projects. Developed and implemented risk management and compliance frameworks in collaboration with the broader business among other initiatives. - Established relationships within the local community of entrepreneurs, legal advisors, and LP/GP investors and kept abreast with tech, industry, and market developments. - Responsible for daily portfolio monitoring and compliance checks, which included close collaboration with Portfolio Managers, Client Services, and Operation teams.
- Provided professional advice and legal services to large corporations and pension funds and worked as a team member with senior lawyers. - Managed communication and project delivery along with the Risk Team, Finance Team and other stakeholders across the business building a strong internal network.
Associate, Business Development & Legal●
Worked closely with the senior stakeholders in the Business Development, Legal, and HR teams. Assisted with legal research, IP management, HR, and BD processes.
Chamaeleon, early-stage VC
- Provide market insights on the web3 ecosystem and early-stage startups in Europe and the US, sourcing deal flow and contributing to the network of builders and investors - Collaborate with the founders to fully understand their specific organisational and financial needs.
Københavns Universitet - University of Copenhagen
University of Nottingham
International Commercial Law
Want to work with Nadia?
Sign up on the Fintalent platform to get in touch with Nadia and 2,500+ other M&A freelancers!