The Fintalent® platform provides the easiest way to hire global freelance FinTech consultants. Find your Fintalent® with expertise in blockchain, alternative finance, distributed ledger technology (DLT), consumer lending, RegTech, Risk and Compliance, Cryptocurrencies, payments, digital wealth management, SME financing and mortgages.
Fintalent is the invite-only community for top-tier M&A and Strategy talent. Hire global freelance M&A and Strategy consultants with extensive experience in over 2,900 industries. Our platform allows you to build your team of independent M&A and Strategy specialists in 48 hours. Welcome to the future of M&A!
Post your project or permanent job conveniently via our client dashboard. We will quickly discuss your needs with you.
We are an invite-only platform. All our Fintalents are pre-vetted, hand-selected, and we have talked to every Fintalent before shortlisting them.
Hiring and contracting in a few minutes. Need to hire multiple, cross-functional teams? No problem! Easily manage your team and track your billings.
We work with clients from all over the world. Our clients range from enterprise and corporate clients to companies that are backed by Private Equity or Venture Capital funds. Furthermore, we work directly with Family Offices, Private Equity firms, and Asset Managers. Most of our enterprise clients have dedicated Corporate Development, M&A, and Strategy divisions which are utilizing our pool of FinTech talent to add on-demand and flexible resources, expertise, or staff to their in-house team.
Fintalent is not a staffing agency. We are a community of best-in-class FinTech professionals, highly specialized within their domains. We have streamlined the process of engaging the best FinTech talent and are able to provide clients with FinTech professionals within 48 hours of first engaging them. We believe that our platform provides more value for Corporates, Ventures, Private Equity and Venture Capital firms, and Family Offices.
‘Invite-to-Apply’ is the process by which we shortlist candidates for the majority of projects on our platform. Often, due to the confidential nature of our clients’ projects, we do not release projects to our whole platform but using our matching technology and expertise of our internal team we select candidates who are the best fit for our clients’ needs.
This approach also ensures engagement with our community of professionals on the Fintalent platform, and is a benefit both to our clients and independent professionals, as our freelancers have direct access to the roles best suited to their skills and are more likely to take an interest in a project if they have been sought out directly. In addition, if a member of our community is unavailable for a project but knows someone whose skill set perfectly fits the brief, they are able to invite them to apply for the role, utilizing the personal networks of each talent on our platform.
The Fintalents are hand-picked and vetted FinTech professionals, speak over 55 languages, and have professional experience in all geographical markets. Our FinTech consultants’ experience ranges from 3+ years as analysts at top investment banks and Strategy consultancies, to later career C-level executives. The average working experience is 6.9 years and 80% of all Fintalents range from 3-12 years into their careers.
Our FinTech consultants have experience in carrying out end-to-end M&A transactions. They have experience leading FinTech teams and both the sell-side and buy-side, as well as interfacing with clients and wider corporate structures and management. What makes our FinTech talent pool stand out is the fact that they have technical backgrounds in over 2,900 industries.
Fintalent.io is an invite-only platform and we believe in the power of referrals and a closed-loop community. Members of our community are able to invite a small number of professionals onto the platform. In addition, our team actively scouts for the best talent who have experience in investment banking or have worked at a global top management consultancy. All of our community-referred talent and scouted talent are subject to a rigorous screening process. As such, over the last 18 months totaling more than 750 hours of onboarding calls, of which only 40% have received an invite-link after the call.
If you’re the founder of a FinTech company, maybe you think that financial experts are too expensive to hire full-time. But if you don’t have any finance background, it may be difficult for you to manage the business without hiring a specialist.
This article explores both of these issues and explains how a consultant can help your company avoid mistakes and make more money. This is an introduction to a blog post discussing what skills a fintech advisor should have and what types of expertise would be useful for running this type of business.
There are five skills that a FinTech advisor should have:
1. Financial Understanding – Understanding of the fundamental issues of financial markets and economy; this is key for running a fin-tech company.
2. Quantitative Skills – Understanding and ability to work with quantitative data and financial models; this is very important for finding product-market fit and gaining maximum value from your data.
3. Communication – The ability to communicate with different types of people; this includes both technical people who understand how to use technology, as well as non-technical people such as top management, finance, legal, compliance or marketing departments.
4. Leadership Skills – The ability to lead and motivate your team; especially true if you are hiring freelancers or specialists, who may have different opinions than you, but you need to be able to work together successfully.
5. General Management – The ability to manage all aspects of the company, including finance, technology, people etc., successfully; this requires creativity and flexibility since there are many unknowns in the industry of FinTech.
There are three types of expertise that would be useful for running a FinTech company: investment banking, software development and financial technology itself (e.g., blockchain).
1. Investment Banking – Required if you want to raise capital or raise investment. You can do this either as a private investor, or as an investment bank itself, if you already work there. Some examples of people who worked in investment banking are the founder of Kreditech (former CFO at Credit Suisse), the founder of Private Wealth Management (former VP of Quantitative Research at Credit Suisse). However, not everyone who worked in investment banking is able to advise FinTech companies; this is because it requires specialist knowledge and skills, which are hard for non-FinTech people to acquire.
2. Software Development – If your company is building software products which can be sold (e.g. online marketplace for financial products), you will need software developers who can build your product or someone who has the skills to manage them.
3. Financial Technology – The founders of TransferWise, Wealthfront and Coinbase all used their technical expertise in the financial technology within the companies that they founded. Their expertise is in developing new technology which improves or changes how traditional financial technology works (e.g., blockchain implementation in the banking industry). This is different from implementation of FinTech; this means putting already existing technologies in place, which usually does not require too much technical knowledge (e.g., implementation of payment solutions). FinTech technology is not only limited to FinTech companies; many FinTech founders also work for financial institutions (e.g., Goldman Sachs, Bank of America Merrill Lynch), which means that they would use their experience to advise FinTechs or build new startups.
FinTech software products are no longer only within financial services; they are now used in many different industries (e.g., travel, insurance). If you want to build a FinTech company, it is recommended to hire an expert who has both knowledge about the industry, as well as the relevant skills for all aspects of running a company.